What an incredible first year. From the first sketches in a notebook, to the diagrams on our makeshift whiteboard (a recycled IKEA tabletop from craigslist), to the caffeine-fueled nights—we’ve come a long way. It was worth it.
But we didn’t do this alone.
- Andrew McGrath, from the awesome Checkout51, connected us with many of the right people including the very fine folks at Rackspace and Stripe
- Meg Sinclair, from Facebook, helped us navigate the world of public relations
- Larry Philps, from TrendSpottr, provided incredibly detailed feedback on our betas
- Ron Suter attended a CRA meeting as our advisor
- Maureen Pelensky, of Maureen’s Friends and Family in Front of Libraries Around the World fame, contributed hours of slave-like data entry
- Family and friends graciously endured our endless rambling on about taxes
Most importantly, we want to thank you—for your suggestions, for sharing SimpleTax with your friends, for your generous support. We’ve always believed in building the best product we can and, thanks to your help, we’re able to continue doing just that.
See you next year.
p.s. We’re not going anywhere! If you’re self-employed, you still have until June 15th to file. Otherwise, if you haven’t yet filed your 2012 tax return, it isn’t too late. You can submit your return online through NETFILE until January 17th, 2014.