Bitcoin is a hot topic, especially now that tax season is here. We’ve been getting a ton of questions about cryptocurrency and your tax return, like:
- Do I need to report my cryptocurrency gains? (hint: yes, if you’ve sold or traded it)
- How do I report my income/gain/loss?
- What about mining?
- What if I accept cryptocurrency as payment?
- Do I need to file form T1135?
- What if I don’t report my cryptocurrency income?
We’ve written an in-depth help post that covers these common questions (and more). Even if you didn’t sell or trade any cryptocurrency last year, we recommend checking it out to avoid any surprises down the line.